Tuesday, August 28, 2012

To dare

Just a quick update while I wait for Hurricane Isaac to get here...
I'm working on a watercolor/ink thing. Nothing big just something I wanted to play around with my aquarelles and ink pens. I don't know what I like to use more, aquarelles, or ink pens. Acrylic is also one of my favorites, but not as much as the previous two.
 
 
See that? That's what you can do with watercolor & ink! Yes, that's mine, I didn't steal it from the interwebs. That's just the bottom portion though. I'm still working on the whole thing.

 
 
I really should've blended the colors together better. I thought I'd like them separated... I was wrong. Also... wtf is up with the tentacle thing up top? Ink is kinda permanent so it stays, but I'm adding onto it. I'm going to use it and some more tentacle viney things to frame the top a bit. And in the center I want to use this:

Cursive Fonts

 
It might be a little hard to read because it's on a transparent background but I really like the font. My only problem is, I don't know how to do THAT with a pen. Also, It won't be pink, it'll be black.

How do you think this little project of mine is going to turn out? If you have any requests message me or comment below!
 
Have a happy hurricane everyone ;)
I'd like to share the website with you for the font generator I used. They have a few different cursive fonts and it's totally free! http://fontmeme.com/cursive-fonts/#none
Also if anyone is curious as to what aquarelles are, they are watercolor pencils. My favorite is Staedtler ergosoft. They have handy packaging that allows you to prop the pencil box up. I'm using an 05 artist ink pen by Micron. For any help with using ink or watercolor, message me or comment below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment